I spotted a little Sewalong that Lori Holt was having over on Instagram. If you don't do Instagram you can see the nine blocks so far over on Lori's blog - Bee in my Bonnet. I made the latest block on Friday evening which I then had to throw in the bin as it was wrong, Jane suggested a solution yesterday, but it was too late, it was gone.
Yesterday I logged into Padgram, the ipad version of Instagram for reading updates to find Lori had made three more blocks over the weekend. I had spent Sunday starting a much overdue tidy up of my workroom, so had completely missed her posts. So Monday's task in between the gym, an afternoon of canasta, meeting with workmen at another property, lunch with Jane and a meeting yesterday evening, was to work on some more blocks.
Next a quick star block, but only if you have all of the points going in the same direction. I had just enough fabric to redo one point. I found this fabric in my tidy up along with two other star fabrics in cream / white. Delighted to use things I've rediscovered.
I love the fabric I've used for the candle flame. Though I realise today, that I have two more border strips to add to the top and bottom of the candle.
And here are my blocks so far. Just the candle borders to add, a new set of lights to make, a candy cane to be added to the mug and an ornament block with cute ric rac detail.