I spent Monday afternoon sewing with quilty friend Anne. We were trying to get the group Farmer's Wife blocks sewn together. For some reason, no one else has offered to join us for the three sessions we've had over the last few months. We did laugh trying to get a good picture of the quilt top in the strong breeze. Then we found it fit perfectly onto the island in my new kitchen.
We have enjoyed our time putting the top together but will be taking it to our guild meeting in a week's time to get help with removing the foundation paper patterns before applying the borders. We are pleased with how it has come out. It's interesting to see how different people have combined different fabrics from the same box. The blocks were put together as demos by numerous people over more than a year. I can't lie, I will be pleased when this is finished.