Sunday, September 23, 2012

FNSI Finish

Friday night didn't go quite as planned. I had been out on Friday morning with Jane caching and we hadn't read the instructions for one of the caches, so Jane suggested we go out on Friday evening. We found the cache as the light was going and I returned home too tired to contemplate sewing. So here are the FQR Kinky blocks for Ann which I have finished along with her siggie block (love the elephant fabric) together with some for the Bumble Bee group.




These blocks are made using the converging corners block tutorial at Film in the Fridge. In October Amy is going to have us make one wonky log cabin blocks. Another challenge for me as I don't do wonky, well not intentionally.

I have been working on a foundation pieced TQS BOM border along with my Bee blocks which I should finish today as Lizzie is out all day on a Duke of Edinburgh hike prep day. Fortunately the rain has stopped for the moment.

2 comments:

corina said...

So Glad I stopped by to see the FNSI results! I love your blocks! I'm going to have to check out the link.

Jennifer Wingard said...

Love those blocks! I don't think you're alone with wonky blocks. I have a horrible time convincing myself that wonky is the way something SHOULD be. No problem at all accidentally turning out wonky quilting, but as soon as I'm supposed to make something wonky, everything miraculously lines up. ;)