Thursday, September 13, 2012

BOM rehab TQS month 5


Photobucket

Pink Pincushion organises the Year of Schnibbles as well as the BOm rehab. I've been meaning to jump on the rehab wagon with my TQS BOM for 2012 but first of all I had to fin all of my fabrics and progress so far. That was done late last week and I started on one of the foundation pieced blocks for month 3. Unfortunately those compasses are pieced in long strips of 32 pieces whereas these blocks are 4 piece units sewn together.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that I was somewhere near to getting to September which is the small pieced border in the finished quilt:


This is more like where I'm at apart from the fact that I haven't appliqued the circles to the border or sewn the pieces together.
 Why not? The February instructions look like another peiced unit but they turned out to be appliqued points which I didn't like. I had this idea of making it foundation pieced which of course never happened and so it got left to one side. With the help of BOM rehab I'm hoping to get the March, April and May foundation pieced compasses done. Then I'll prep the hand applique of the compass centres for sewing at our Wedesday sewing group before thinking of cutting all of the applique shapes for the remaining months.

No sewing today as the schools are closed for Battle of Britain so we are heading to France for a cheap day trip with plans to gorge on macarons.





No comments: