Thursday, May 15, 2008
I finished the layout I started at class on Tuesday evening. I managed to take the photo of the completed panel yesterday. This is the first time all 18 panels have been on display together which is a real shame given all the work that went into them - 300,000 tiles, 24,000 put tiles on the panels. The layout is a sketch from the new page maps book which arrived earlier this week. Loved that I used the KI tiles which I've had for years and the black tiles are from joanns when we went to Florida. The tiles have letters stamped on the front but I turned them over and used rub on lettering.
I started this layout about 4 years ago but couldn't get hold of a picture of the finished panel so it has lain in a drawer. Fortunately I'd used herma so removed the photo from the original layout and started again.