Wednesday, November 29, 2023

WIP Wednesday - Oh Christmas Three


Oh Christmas Three is a pattern by Hands on Design. Three small Christmas ornaments that should be a quick stitch. Perhaps if I had focused on this project, it would have been finished quicker. There is also a small companion piece called Pere Noel that I might stitch for 2024.


I purchased the pattern and linen from Peakside Needleworks but it is annoying that you can't see the required flosses until you have the physical pattern. In the end I just substituted the called for floss for what was in stash. I used DMC 347, B5200, 906, CV4075, Classic Colourworks deep blue sea and Louisiana Hot Sauce from Weeks Dye Works The linen is 32 count Belfast charcoal / slate grey.
 


I am lucky that a local sewing shop opens for two hours on a Sunday, so I hot footed it down to the store and bought the mini pom pom trim, narrow ribbon and silver bells. I was a woman on a mission, and I was successful in finishing the decorations with a lot of help from Gorilla glue. They are now ready to post to my son along with his advent calendar. The post is poor at the moment due to the persistent storm which interrupt the ferry services which take the mail to the UK, but I hope they get there by 1 December.


No comments: