Monday, November 27, 2023

Monday make - Quietplay make mine mini

 

My final retreat from home finish was another Quietplay bonus pattern from the Make Mine Mini club. I started this at the Modern Quilt Club retreat in October and I had thoroughly prepared all of the fabric pieces and pinned them to each section to achieve the rainbow effect. Many of the fabrics were scraps from a recent Alison Glass project and the rest were from my scrap basket. As the scraps are divided into bags by colour, this made the process quicker.




I used my favourite Essex linen in Fog with its lovely sparkles. I had just enough to use it on the back too.  I quilted the panel with straight lines using Aurifil 50 weight thread in white and my walking foot. I first appliqued the circle to the centre and without stopping, I quilted lines out to each point and around the points. Then I did the lines from the outside and across the inside circle. Of course, I ran out of thread just as I was doing the last line of stitching.



I used cam snaps to close the back of the cushion and added a pretty Kylie and the Machine ribbon label too. I made the panel 20" square to use with a 20" Ikea cushion inner, but next time I would make the cushion 19" square or even smaller.


I had a successful retreat from home completing three mini quilts for donation to SCBU, a spice rack bag and a cushion. Looking forward to our next retreat in February.


No comments: