Friday, November 17, 2023

Friday Finish - Me Time delivered flying geese mini quilt

I think you might be seeing a theme in the projects I completed on the first day of my Retreat from Home. I had sent my Janome Atelier 7 to the sewing machine spa as the needle position needed some attention. whilst it was gone, I took the time to finish some blocks on the Janome Memory Craft 500E that I recently purchased. 


I was also inspired by Jess of Okla Roots on Youtube to subscribe to the digital version of Perfectly Pieced from Me Time Delivered. You can effectively foundation piece and quilt a block on an embroidery machine. I was hooked. This is the October 2022 pattern as you can purchase past patterns.

Again, I started this project with fabric from my scrap basket. I then moved onto Alison Glass fabric that hadn't yet been put away which is in a log basket on my work room floor. From that same basket I chose the backing fabric. As you can see once I had put together the blocks and appliqued a heart to the centre block, the only quilting I needed was a simple stitch in the ditch. One of the clever features of the design is there is no wadding in the seam allowance. Genius.



Back to my scraps and I found the binding fabric which was a scrap of 108" wide backing fabric and the colour picked up the grey in the background fabric. And yes, I forgot to add a label to this project. Three SCBU mini quilts finished on day 1 of Retreat from Home. Then off to a friend's home to play canasta and eat her delicious homemade cake.


No comments: