Friday, November 10, 2023

Friday finish - Quilter’s giant tote



Today should have been the first day of our local retreat but we heard a week ago that the venue had been damaged and regrettably our booking had been cancelled. The storm has devastated numerous properties and storm force warnings are still in place. Our members are safe and have sustained small amounts of damage to their homes and for that we have to be grateful. Fortunately, we had recently booked another retreat for February 2024, which at the time seemed too close to our November retreat, but all of the arrangements, menus, goody bags, make and takes etc. have been rolled forward to February.



I am delighted with the Quilter's Big Tote by Minki Kim made with all Ruby Star fabrics from stash. I thought use Bosal for this project but it wasn't wide enough, so I used some of the car interlining that had been recommended to me by my friend Pippa. 


You can see from the interior of the tote that the interlining has given great definition to the quilting, at a fraction of the price. We planned to try this product out at Xmas on a joint project, but I have pinched some to finish the tote.


The quilting pattern is Circuits by Anne Bright and I'm happy with my choice and the thread is a pale pink from Superior Threads. I even remembered to insert a label before binding the top edge. The label is from Kylie and the Machine.


My Atelier 7 is being serviced and "tweaked" so I'm going to focus on some cross stitch and machine embroidery projects for the next week.

 

No comments: