Friday, November 03, 2023

Friday Finish Maple and Eucalyptus




The #100days100blocks sewalong with Gnome Angel, finished in early October and my top hs been pieced together since then as I stitched each row together as I finished them. I loaded the backing and wadding onto y longarm about two weeks ago and the size of the backing put me off. 

I then decided to just start quilting the quilt with the idea of doing a few rows a day. I used Fast Feather digital pantograph by Christy Dillon with a multicoloured King Tut thread called Cleopatra. By the end of that day, it was all quilted.
 



I had planned to use a stripe by Quietplay to bind the quilt, but I realised how the stripes of colour from the backing (also by Quietplay) could be fussy cut and used to match the colours of the blocks as they graduated from mauve in the top left to dark blue in the bottom right.


It is difficult to get a photograph of the whole 80" square quilt so I had to resort to moving tables and balancing on kitchen chairs.


No comments: