Wednesday, November 15, 2023

WIP Wednesday - star mini quilt

 

I am a member of Quietplay's Make Mine Mini Quilt Club and this is one of the easier bonus charts. I don't tend to buy patterns without the intention of making them soon, so I am trying to make one of the patterns each month.

All of the fabrics are from my scrap basket and my scraps are sorted into bags by colour which makes it a very satisfying process.



I then quilted two 18" blocks side by side on an orange backing. I had bought the orange for something specific and then changed my mind, so it was good to use it for this purpose. The borders for this quilt are a bit wild and were cut from fabric leftover from a Quietplay 108" backing.



This will be another donation to the Special Care Baby unit to be used as incubator quilts. The mini quilts are perfect for using up blocks and trying out new techniques.

No comments: