Wednesday, October 27, 2021

WIP Wednesday - minimalist wallets

 



Two friends had asked for a minimalist wallet so I thought they were a perfect retreat project. They were the first project I pulled out to work on. I had all the right kit and everything was cut out and interfaced but I just couldn't get the snaps to set properly. I struggled for ages before deciding it wasn't going to happen.


I returned to the project on Sunday and set the snaps but in yellow fabric not the outside fabric. Fortunately I had enough fabric to recut the inside pocket for the navy wallet. I love the contrast of the yellow Tilda fabric against the navy fossil fern.


With no remaining contrast yellow for the zipped pocket, I plundered our goody bag and found this perfect turquoise floral from Art Gallery fabrics.


Gill gifted me this Libs Elliott fabric based on the quilt design I'd just completed - La Fin du Monde in all the rainbow colours. I didn't have enough snaps left to finish the project so brought the WIP home with me. I knew I'd bought another pack of snaps in Rennes earlier in the month, so I completed this wallet for myself yesterday evening.



I had planned to make a black wallet for myself so has taken the contrast pink with me, this is Dream by Quietplay. What WIP to work on next? Anything not finished at last weekend's retreat, will probably be packed ready for the Jersey retreat in ten days time. 







No comments: