Monday, October 18, 2021

Monday Make - La Fin du Monde

 


This finish has been a  long time coming and was the October pick for our group UFO challenge. I have now finished all of my twelve UFOs for the year. I have just one old UFO now which needs to be quilted but it needs custom quilting and it's big. It really needs to be finished next year. I also need to work on a list of 12 projects for 2022 too.


The pattern is La Fin du Monde by Libs Elliott made in all Alison Glass fabrics. I ordered the fabrics before the sewalong started and even cut my own templates at our local library. The fabric went on a side trip to France for some weeks and I never really caught up. The top was quilted at least two years ago and bound too, all I needed to do was unpick some over stitching and sew in umpteen ends which I did at the October meeting of Jersey Modern Quilt Group. 

I am going to offer this to a local breast cancer charity as a fundraiser. Now I need to focus on the Fractured Skull Sewalong and pack for the retreat I'm attending this weekend in Leeds as I leave on Thursday afternoon.

No comments: