Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday stash - the retreat edition


I haven't shared my purchases with you in a while, but have a few purchases so thought now was the time. I had hoped my order from Sew Hot would arrive in time for the retreat but it didn't, but I now have the first three block pieced for Free Block Friday with @GnomeAngel


I made a couple of purchases from Saira of Olive and Flo Handcraft and the good news for those of outside the UK, Saira is now VAT registered and will take off the VAT, if you email her when ordering. My purchases were a metre of Dream by Quietplay and a fat quarter of a Carolyn Friedlander Orange. My friend Gill beat me to the chase on Sunday and gifted me the two fat quarters of Libs Elliott on the right  and one has already been used to make a minimalist wallet.



My guilty pleasure is watching YouTube craft videos and my TK Maxx purchases were totally inspired by The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch. I did leave some Rae Dunn for others as I knew I was over my suitcase limit. I was so lucky that the check in agent didn't charge me for being over the limit of 15kg as my case weighed in at 16.3kg and I had a LOT of heavy fabric in my hand luggage. I walked to the TK Maxx in Speake but next time I'll be sensible and catch the bus from the airport.


I spotted this kit by Helen Steele on Instagram and asked her to bring one for me. I think it's a bargain at £20 as all the cutting out is done for you and you get the paper templates.

I will do a retreat round up next week if you're interested but it was lovely to see old friends and new and stroke fabric in real life. I must finish unpacking from last weekend's retreat ready for next weekend's Jersey retreat.



 









No comments: