Wednesday, October 20, 2021

WIP Wednesday fractured skull week 5

 


Less than two weeks ago this project was a pile of fabric. Fractured Skull is an FPP pattern by Helen Creasey The sewalong is now on week 4 and I have only just begun stitching. Week 5 started last Friday and as of yesterday I have started the week 5 task which is to sew all of the units into the four quadrants.

As I am stitching the pieces together I am making sure that the right and left sides match. I have had to adjust two blocks where I’d used the wrong shade of pink.


I was very concerned that I was going to run out of fabric but the only finagling that was needed was to make up one section by sewing two pieces of the colour pomegranate together. Once quilted, I don’t think you will see the extra seam.


I am hoping to make good progress today and not take it to retreat with me. So far I have packed the following to work on :

Three minimalist wallets

ATW BOM October block is Seattle

Jarrah sweater to cut out ready to sew

Two more FPP ugly sweater blocks

I’m hoping that’s enough to keep me busy :)

No comments: