Wednesday, May 03, 2023

May 2023 plans

We have no travel plans this month as hubby is waiting for a minor op and he may then plan a visit to see his brothers in Kent. Leaving me to do as I wish.



My biggest UFO is my Rainbow Remix (pattern by Paula Steele) and I bought the backing last week, so it can soon be loaded on my long arm. There will be a scrappy binding made from the leftover fabric from the kit from Modern Quilt Club.


I also have this Square cross body bag (pattern by Zeriano) which needs some unpicking on one of the corners, the lining to be made and hand stitched inside and a strap made and fitted. It is so cute. My daughter, Lizzie, made two of these at retreat in March.

In the cross stitch world May is known as Maynia. Originally stitchers started a new project every day for the month. It has evolved into stitchers making it their own and working on WIPs or five new starts etc. 

I am going to work on five projects in May for five days each and then I will have six days to finish any of the projects that are close to being finished. I have several series of patterns which it would be good to make progress on both in May and future months. My five projects are:


1. Whale Hello There by Hands on Design from the Polar Plunge series. I started this one in April but was side tracked by another project.


2. 2022 Prairie Schooler Santa (UFO Challenge no 9) of which I have just three in the series left to stitch 


3. August cottage of the month by Country Cottage Needleworks (UFO Challenge 7) This is our challenge number for May 2023 so it needs to be finished this month.


4. One month of a Year of Celebrations by Hands on Design. I need to find this and work out which months I still need to stitch.



5. Ruby the Raccoon by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery which I started in April

Now to decide which to work on first. Number 4 would be the quickest to stitch but I also want to get another Santa completed, but the racoon is also very cute. Decisions, decisions. Perhaps I could work on the white border of Ruby the Racoon at my Wednesday morning group to get it finished whilst working on another project for five days.


No comments: