Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday Make - Poppy Treffey tea towel

 

UFO 3 was chosen this month and it's a Poppy Treffey tea towel which was a gift from a friend perhaps ten years ago? My first thought was to use screen printed fabric for the bunting but the detail from the tea towel shone through.

I then selected some deeper print from my scrap stash and cut the bunting and then added a few details to the sewing machine using textile ink to paint with and one purple Cotton and Steel fabric. The fabrics were stitched down with a combination of blanket stitch for the base of the sewing machine and straight stitching for everything else.



I completed the back of te cushion first with a trim of Create by Quietplay to make the two strips of bunting fit the back of the cushion. The I added three perfect snaps decorated with vintage sewing machines. I bought these at Pour l'Amour du Fil a few years ago and hope to buy some more on Saturday. So exciting!!


The front of the cushion has just a few fabric elements added. I am so pleased to have finished this UFO. There is a cushion swap at the Modern Quilt Club retreat in four weeks time, so I just need to buy the cushion pad to complete the project.




No comments: