Monday, June 07, 2021

Monday make - Spring in my Heart

 


At the end of May I decided to participate in with CrossstitchCamp with @Coloradostitcher. I heard about this sewalong in @mommalovesyouGB 's recent Flosstube on Youtube. I decided to follow Michelle's lead and chose three designs by Barbara Ana from the Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine. I bought a digital subscription a few months ago and it came with the four 2020 issues as well. 

I then ordered my threads from Ebay and waited patiently for 1 June. The only rule of the sewalong is you start and finish a new project for June, July and August. I started with the outline but substituted 3766 which is a bolder blue than the called for DMC floss. I also had the floss in stash for the key so started with those two colours.

The remainder of the floss arrived on Thursday and I completed the project the same day. You may realise I was in procrastination mode and avoiding working on my project for Festival of Quilts. It needs to be submitted by 11am today


My next Barbara Ana project is kitted up apart from the linen which I can't find online. Is it discontinued or has the name been changed? I can find basalt but not granite.

No comments: