Wednesday, April 21, 2021

WIP Wednesday - Block 3 Spring Garden

 


My plan last Wednesday was to work on the easy block 3 of this free pattern by Durene Jones, unfortunately I forgot that this block is smaller than the adjoining block. I worked from the bottom up so ended u with a large blank space.  I finished this block last night.


Block 4 is next and it is almost finished already and just needs a back stitched border and the butterfly to be finished.


So today I'm planning to finish block 4 and perhaps even the border surrounding the six blocks whilst I watch episode 2 of the Great British Sewing Bee. It would be lovely to finish the six central blocks before this project is picked as for our UFO challenge. I'd like either this project or the Ultimate travel bag to be selected for May as both projects are part complete.


The weather this week has been lovely and on Sunday, I joined WI friends for a walk along the north coast from Sorel Point to revisit the chough project. The birds were swooping all around us as we left the car park. The project appears to have been a success but they now need to start another project with the puffins as they are down to only four breeding pairs.


You can see how clear the sky was and we had all brought too many layers with us as the north coast can be windy, but not on Sunday!! My husband and I are planning to restart our regular Friday morning walks, even though Nick loves maps, he doesn't like written directions so we often take the wrong turn.

Pattern: Spring Garden by Durene Jones 

Fabric: Zweigart 28 count Britney in light grey

No comments: