Sunday, March 26, 2017
This weekend I have been at the inaugural rainbow Retreat for the Jersey Modern Quilt Guild. Friday's activity was to make a one hour basket. Some took longer than other but everyone has completed a basket. Here is mine using a pre quilted panel for a quick finish. I should have used some interfacing as well as wadding for a firmer finish.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Q1 2017 Finish Along
I had forgotten to share another finish from February with you. The pattern is Colorway by Camille Roskelley. I bought a jelly roll of a newer Bonnie and Camille range and combined it with my B&C stash. The block is very cleverly
I finished the quote to enter it in the Jersey Eisteddfod needlework and text a hot art section. Here itis displayed at the show. This year's adjudicator was Philippa Naylor.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
I started this new pair of Hermione's Everyday socks by Erica Leuder on 5 March. And this morning I finished the ribbing. They just needed to be blocked now after I pick up my sock blockers and docks from the Eisteddfod exhibition on Sunday.
Monday, March 06, 2017
I have chosen some lovely pink yarn by Kate Selene with speckles of green to signal the start of spring.
I am helping at the Eisteddfod this week and also participating in an emergency exercise on Wednesday so I needed a simple project in case of quiet intervals. So I cast on a pair of Hermione's everyday socks.
I also finished clue 5 of the snowmelt shawl, but have yet to sew in the ends and block it but I did block the Girl from the Grocery Girl shawl last week.
Saturday, March 04, 2017
Wednesday, March 01, 2017
The Summer Sampler was UFO number 8 on the list of UFOS for the APQ challenge 2017. I actually worked on this from 1 February to get it finished even though it was more important to finish my Eisteddfod entries. I put all of the blocks on my design wall, only to find that I was one block short. I then reviewed my blocks so far and realised that two blocks didn't fit in with the rest due to being too light. I had used Kona iron as a background colour to tie the blocks together. So I decided to take out the two light blocks plus one other block to make a sixteen block quilt with the grey sashings.