I planned to work on this project for an hour each day in December. I made considerable progress and got to the top border. However the more I stitched, the more I became convinced that the fabric was too see through and despite the hours already invested, it hit the bin a week ago. I ordered the even weave in the colour gingerbread from The Makery. The fabric arrived today and I have made some progress and I love the project.
Not bad progress for a few hours. I hope to have the internal frames and numbers done by next week. Then I can start on the fancy border. I am nervous until I get all of the sides joined up as I worry that I will be half a stitch awry. A great advent project. I doubt that I will finish it this year, but my cross stitch UFOs have reduced over 2017 so progress to a finished project will be satisfying.