Friday, September 29, 2017

12 days of Christmas border

Again I'd decided to focus on one project or more specifically one part of one project. I have been working on the 12 days of Christmas sampler by the frosted pumpkin stitchery and had got to a stage where I had completed two sides of the border and two half's half sides of the bowl order. I then decided to focus on only the border. I managed to finish it in one day and it matched up once the two sides met! What a relief. Working over two threads of linen it is very easy to be one thread out. But not this time!


I reckon that if I work one block a week between now and the end of November, the sampler can be framed and ready to display for Christmas.


Block six is almost complete so I will work on that first for an easy finish. I already have five blocks complete as well as the border and the bottom title. The borders dividing the blocks are also finished.


No comments: