Tuesday, May 09, 2017

May 2017 UFO challenge

Having done no UFO work in April I had already chosen the garden BOM as my main project and fortunately it was chosen as the project for May for the APQ UFO challenge. I had previously tried to piece the top together but found that some of the strips were not lining up. Fortunately when I had a closer look there was only one block which was half an inch too small. I added a small piece of the border fabric to make the block larger.


Once I had focused on putting the top together it was finished in less than a day. Today I loaded it onto my long long arm and it was soon quilted. I also trimmed it down today ready to apply the binding tomorrow.


I have picked out a red fabric from my stash for the binding and need to check that I have sufficient to do at 2 inch double folded binding tomorrow.


No comments: