Friday, September 01, 2023

Trinket quilt





The deadline for submitting our completed project to receive the finisher pin was 31 August and I managed to submit the photo on 27 August. Four days to spare!! I used my stash of Ruby Star Society fabrics to make the 42 blocks (including two bonus blocks). 


The blocks have been complete for some time, but I was deciding on a striking design to put them all together. In the end I decided to do the same as last time and alternate the blocks with a patterned fabric square. I accidentally went for a landscape orientation so went with the flow (i.e. I was too far into finishing the piecing and too lazy to figure out how to fix it.) I was able to fit 41 blocks on the front as the small red star had conveniently been sewn with the fabric used for the alternating background squares.




Block 42 is on the reverse of the quilt as a label. I will at the very least add the year to the block. I had just enough fabric for the backing and binding. The quilting pattern is called pick up sticks stitched with Granite by Superior Threads.




No comments: