Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Buttoned up week 2


I cut all of my pieces in week 1, except for some small squares for button B as I ran out of fabric and the borders and sashing haven't been cut, as suggested in the pattern.

I was excited to start so I started by stitching up the bonus heart button block first. These blocks work best with small scale prints and I love the floral and strawberries combined. I will substitute this block for one of the other button blocks. The spare block can then be made into another mini quilt for SCBU.


Then I made the four A blocks. This is the simplest block to get us started. I am making the lap quilt and you make four of each block for that size.


Keeping to schedule so far. I'd like to finish my Maple & eucalyptus quilt soon so as to free up my design wall.




No comments: