Friday, September 22, 2023

Maple and eucalyptus blocks 1 to 80


Maple and eucalyptus is a collaboration between Gnomeangel and Karen of Get It Done Quilts. There are 100 blocks to sew over 100 days. The sewalong hasn't had the joy of Angie' previous sewalongs as she has been ill and hasn't posted daily on Instagram or interacted with participants.  However I'm still sewing along and we have now finished 80 blocks. The finish line is in sight.



My quilt is moving from the warm colours into the cool colours and I particularly liked this block bridging yellow to green through to turquoise. I am starting to sort through the warm scraps and get them ready to give to a friend at a retreat in October - only three weeks to go.


I have stitched the first five rows together and rows 5 to 8 are also pieced. This means it should be quick to finish one we get to block 100. I am still trying to stitch two blocks a day during the week and none at the weekend which is working for me.


No comments: