Friday, September 15, 2023

Friday finish - Stevie 2

 


We returned from our trip to Scotland on Monday and we did so much walking in the eleven days, that I am absolutely shattered. we also did a lot of eating!! Whilst in Glasgow we attended the Big Sew Off session at Sew Confident. 


I was very bold and decided to sew another Stevie dress. I prepped all of the pieces before we left and even applied the interfacing. I had a button packed and a bias strip for the button loop. Of course, I put it in a safe place (inside the pattern envelope) and only discovered it as I was packing up.


Lizzie managed to not only sew a shark block (pattern by Elizabeth Hartman) but she also zig zagged together some strips of waste to make scarves for refugees for winter. Fortunately, I had taken scissors, thread pins etc. as Lizzie had travelled very light.


And yes, I did finish the dress. I was so chuffed and wore it that same evening. The weather was unseasonably hot in Scotland, and I had packed only one summer dress which appears in most of the photos of our trip!! I am not sharing a suitcase with my husband again as he packed a road atlas weighing .75kg and I pared down my packing and left a second summer dress.


No comments: