Monday, September 04, 2023

Japanese Apron


When your friend gives you a ready cut project and prefaces it with how easy it is to make, you grab the gift and put it aside. The video is by Olesya and if you click top right on CC to get the close captions which has the written instructions. 


Lorraine picked up the fabric at a local charity shop that we have had patterns and corduroy from, along with cheap duvet covers from which to make a toile.


I will admit I'm not an apron wearer, but this fits well and covers a lot. I particularly like my choice of label from Kylie and the Machine as it picks out the pink and yellow from the dotted fabric.


My two recommendations would be:
Use your walking foot if your fabric is like this heavier linen
When adding the straps, position a little in from the side seam.



No comments: