Monday, September 18, 2023

Monday make - scrap mini quilt


I had a much overdue tidy up of my Alison Glass fabrics on Saturday. The large pieces were sort of stored by colour with scraps sorted by colour too. I sorted all of the large pieces of fabric, folded them nicely and they are now stored by colour. I then went through the scraps and pulled out any pieced blocks which were from the maple and eucalyptus sewalong. Several of the blocks produce two half square triangles when only one is needed. These were then trimmed to either 4.5" or 2.5" square. I then worked from the middle, vaguely in rainbow order, filling with squares cut from the scrap bags. I didn't need to get any of the larger pieces out at all.

This was pieced into an 18" square mini quilt for donation to our local SCBU by our guild. I used backing and binding to hand. No effort there!! The neutral thread that I used for piecing also worked for the cross hatch quilting. A quick finish from scraps that will be contributed to the Guild efforts tonight.
 


I am pleased with how the piece turned out given that it was all scraps. Once I have finished the Maple & Eucalyptus quilt, I am going to give all my scraps to a friend who loves scraps.


No comments: