Monday, May 15, 2023

Monday Make - cross body bag

 

I started this bag at the March Modern Quilt Club retreat with my daughter, Lizzie. Lizzie made and finished two versions and I half finished my bag. I wasn't happy with one of the corners of my bag which needed unpicking and restitching. A recent Facebook challenge inspired me to get the project out again and I finished it this morning.



The bag has sat on our couch for at least a week waiting for the lining to be hand stitched around the zip opening and this morning I located the setting tools and rivets to complete the strap. I had intended to use a strip of webbing from Zipper Valley for the strap but the colour wasn't quite the right shade of pink so I made a matching strap with the Ruby Star Society fabric.


Fabric: Ruby Star Society strawberries from Olive & Flo Handcraft
Pleather: Sew Quirky mystery box


I continued the strawberry theme into the choice of fabric for the lining 

No comments: