Monday, May 29, 2023

Monday make - 2022 Prairie Schooler Santa

 


I started this last week as I thought it would be a quick piece to finish with the large blocks of red and I was pleased to finish it yesterday evening. I replaced the Arctic Lights lettering to an extra string of lights. I think we all know that there are penguins in the Antarctic not Arctic.

The fabric is 32 count Belfast vintage stormy night, and I changed the red to 321 and the green to 699 to brighten the piece. I now have just two Santas left to stitch. 

I think this will be my last finish for this month as I am still waiting for one piece of hardware for my Alpen bag, when I went to check on Ebay whether the item had shipped, I was disappointed to see it was coming from China. It should arrive this week. Though the ferries to the UK have been cancelled for today but hopefully recommence tomorrow. Nick was meant to be leaving on the boat early this morning to visit his brothers in Kent. I was also looking forward to ten days to myself. He is talking about postponing his trip if the ferry is also cancelled tomorrow.

No comments: