Friday, May 26, 2023

Friday finish - matchstick quilted pouch



I joined in my friend Hele Steele's sewalong this week for the Matchstick quilted pouch. The pattern is free from here. Helen has also been doing daily videos at a nice pace on the Pfaff UK Instagram page.

I used a combination of a Superior King Tut in Cleopatra with an Aurifil turquoise and pink to quilt the panels. I used an open toed foot on my Atelier 7 and then used the side of the foot as a guide for my second line of stitching and then filled in the resulting space with one more line of stitching.


The outside of the pouch is a Robert Kaufman Essex Dyed linen from Sew Hot and the lining is a deep pink from the Phosphor range by Libs Elliott. The candy pink striped zipper finished the pouch off nicely.


I added another of my labels from Kylie and the Machine into the seam of the pouch for that finishing touch.



I am pleased with the finished project but I was hoping the hardware that I had ordered from Ebay for the Alpen bag would have arrived by now. The triangle fittings arrived on Monday, but the slider and lobster claw are still outstanding.



















No comments: