Friday, May 19, 2023

Friday finish - rainbow remix


Once I focus on just one project, I amaze myself that I actually get something finished in two days despite the project having waited to be quilted for several weeks.

This is the Rainbow Remix (pattern by Paula Steel) with a kit from Modern Quilt Club. All of the Alison Glass fabrics for the quilt top and binding were provided in the kit and I have plenty of leftovers which need tidying away.


The quilt is 54" square so rather than buying a 108" backing, I went to Rachl's Textile STudio who sell Guttermann fabric which is 60" wide. I love the cheery golden yellow and it shows of the quilting beautifully which is Circuits by Anne Bright.


Whilst starting to tidy away the kit, I found a sweetie bag with a cute sticker for my planner and a label too. I also added my new label from Ever Emblem which I purchased with a prize voucher from a recent sewalong. I basted two sides of the big label into the binding and then stitched the binding to the front of the quilt.



I hand stitched the binding to the back of the quilt using Aurifil 50 weight thread, Bohin milliners' needles, my clover silicon thimble and binding clips yesterday.







 

No comments: