Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday stash

 

On the first day of the show, we arrived at the exhibition centre for Happy Hour which is free entry from 4 until 6. My first port of call was Sew Kind of Wonderful.  I wanted to check whether I could pay by card and whilst there, I purchased straight away - one quick curve ruler and the matching quilting ruler and two patterns for the ruler. Each patter has a coloured button on the bottom of the ruler which tells you which ruler (s) you need for the project.


I made two purchases at the Miyako booth - two ready-made bag straps in red and silver for me and later one in green for my daughter. They were good value as they are leather with good quality lobster claw fittings.


On the first day I also stopped at the Fil Volant booth to thank my friend Donna for the one day pass for the following day. On the Thursday I also purchased two Christmas Fat Quarters to add to my seasonal stash.


On the Thursday I spied this range at Le Tricot di Monica (Italian shop). I bought just ten FQs and hope to pair these with any leftovers that I may have in stash from my favourite Birgitte Heitland range - Comma. I'm hoping that I have some greens and oranges to add to this selection. This might be a retreat project as I purchased Birgitte's latest book at the 2022 show as I couldn't attend the class.


No comments: