Monday, April 24, 2023

Pour l’Amour du Fils 2023

 

The theme of this year's Pour l'Amour du Fils was the Netherlands. Imagine my surprise when I had a slow walk around the show during happy hour on the Wednesday to decide on a plan for Thursday when I came across my friend Marjolein who I first met at the Fat Quarterly retreat in London in 2012. Marjolein was there with a Netherlands Modern Quilt Guild exhibition. I was lucky to spot her as she wasn't there on the Thursday.


I enjoyed may of the exhibitions which are always beautifully staged, but lighting as always is an issue, and these are a few of the pieces that caught my eye.


The following piece was in the Windmills of my Mind" theme competition.


Having met alison Glass at the Wonderfil booth in 2021, I had to see who they'd brought over this year. I hadn't heard of Herma de Ruiter but loved her exhibits.




The neutrals of this room display worked well with the acid yellow backdrop and accessories.


SAQA had an exhibition based on the Orient express and I knew a few of those exhibiting. Such a variety of interpretations.


Exquisite workmanship


Gall Grottos' exhibition was different and she definitely has a style.


Odile Bailloeul had a room display as part of her booth which was lush. No purchases this year but I was very nearly tempted by her velvet for bag making.


Boeunju Bags work was beautiful and totally impractical.


We stayed at the Ibis nearish to the exhibition. I really did think it was a short walk from the exhibitiion but the walk nearly killed off my 95-year-old father. On the way back we took the tram one stop which halved the journey. We like staying outside the city but will try one of the other hotels another time. After one night in Nantes we headed to Chateaubriant where the hotel was lovely, and we just pottered aimlessly. Some shopping on the way to the ferry on Saturday brought our trip to an end.

I was intrigued by the frozen counter top at breakfast which is why there is a random photo of cod meats!!


No comments: