Sunday, April 09, 2023

Sunday stash - the retreat edition

I engaged in a little retail therapy before, during and at the Modern Quilt Club retreat last weekend.



I had pre ordered a few items. The Acorn Precision Piecing pack was sent to Lizzie in Aberdeen as I wasn't paying £18 delivery to Jersey. I liked the non-starch starch pen but then misplaced it. That was so annoying as it was brand new. It was found just as I was waiting to put my bags in my friend's car and I'd left it on a pressing station that I'd only used once. I was ridiculously relieved.

I also preordered some Ruby Star Society fabrics from Olive & Flo Handcraft who provided the in-house fabric shop. The two strawberry fabrics are for my square crossbody bag and my daughter's plan was that we would stitch those on Friday, but I had forgotten that Saira didn't arrive until Saturday. The best laid plans of mice and women!!


On the way to the retreat on the Thursday, Jane and I stopped at Fabworks for a quick look at the Mill Shop which was stuffed with fabric goodies. All I bought was a gift certificate for a friend. However, my daughter also arrived on Friday afternoon, so she planned a shopping trip for us for Friday morning. On the list was Fabworks, TK Maxx and Home Bargains. We had a to be back at the hotel for a teams call at 11, no pressure then.

We started at TK Maxx where I bought nothing. A quick trip, then it was on to Fabworks. Lizzie treated me to this fuchsia velvet and I also bought some heart shaped magnetic snaps at 50p each. A bargain. Then it was on to Home Bargains to have a look at Sarah Ashford's new range. The range wasn't in the Cleckheaton store but I did pick up punch pliers for £3.99 each.


At the retreat I purchased a bottle of Flatter spray in the mint scent, and I was tempted by the Zip, Divide It! kit which includes all of the supplies needed to make the medium and large sizes. I could potentially make these at the October retreat, if not before.

A nice collection of purchases, which was quite restrained of me. Lizzie also brought all of our Zipper Valley order, which is now in my overflowing bag making drawer.




No comments: