Monday, April 10, 2023

Retreat review


 I had another lovely retreat weekend at Gomersal Park with Modern Quilt Club. This was very much a last-minute booking and fortunately my daughter was able to join me. We stayed an extra night on the Thursday and for a change I flew to Manchester instead of Liverpool. What a difference between the airports. I would not choose to fly to Manchester again as it took an hour to do bag drop and security. Thankfully for the return flight, I got to the airport at 5am so I wasn't panicking.

After some shopping and teams call on Friday morning, 12 o'clock arrived and it was time to head to the sewing room. The first thing to do was check in and collect our goody bag. I was particularly pleased with the Sew Quirky pattern which will be saved for a sewing day or autumn retreat.


My first make was the charm square basket using Sweetwater fabrics from several years ago. I gifted it immediately to my daughter as it is her aesthetic. I had to add a Kylie and the Machine label to the project.


My second project which I finished before breakfast on Saturday was the Fifth Avenue fanny pack by Sallie Tomato. This is a very late Xmas present for a mustard loving friend which I will gift today. On Saturday we worked on our Square crossbody bags but mine is not quite finished. By the end of the day I was tired so thought it safer not to carry on and mess it up.



On Sturday morning and Sunday I worked on cutting and stitching nine blocks for the Rainbow Remix pattern by Paula Steel. I have cut some more pieces to work on the blocks in April. I have added to my to do list to stitch four blocks every Friday for six weeks.


As we were late bookers, we didn't participate in the secret swap but there were some lovely gifts. The recipients are pictured above with their three gifts.


Aurifil bingo happens on the Saturday night and the final thing before many leave on the Sunday was the raffle and Lizzie chose this Jacqueline de Jonge pattern and the batting seam tape for me. She chose Vilene products for herself.

Another lovely weekend and I'm already looking forward to the October MQC retreat and the Jersey retreat in November.

No comments: