Friday, April 21, 2023

Friday finish - rainbow remix quilt top


I purchased the kit for this quilt from Modern Quilt Club in their last sale. It came with the printed pattern by Paula Steel and the fabric by Alison Glass. I completed three blocks at the recent retreat and have worked consistently since my return. I am at my best in the morning so if I'm not going out I have been stitching on this project.


The design boards (tutorial on Lori Holt's blog) are perfect for laying out the pieces for each set of four blocks. These boards are 18" square, and the board was digitally cut by a local framer.


I finished the blocks last week. Friday was a day of multiple doctor and dentist appointments for both me and my husband so piecing the top together had to wait until the weekend.


The top is now complete and lightly pressed. I will need to find some backing. I think I have a package of wadding the correct size already I will quilt it on my long arm on our return from France.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sue that's amazing!! It doesn't even look like a quilt, it looks like the illustration!! Fantastic!! Anne/US