Wednesday, April 28, 2021

WIP Wednesday - cross stitch

 


This morning I've been working on block 5 of the Spring Garden by Durene Jones. There are just a few details to add to the hedgehog but I'll do that when I'm stitching the second half of block 5. It seems a waste to throw away strands of thread when you only need a few stitches in a block. I'm looking forward to block 6 which has a cute gnome. At this stage I wouldn't be disappointed if this project was chosen for the May UFO challenge for our quilt group, but I'd prefer if it was my Ultimate Travel bag.


I am making progress on the April cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks. I plan to finish the house today and then the grass under the house so I can stitch the tree tomorrow. Fingers crossed I should be able to finish this by the end of the month.

I have a hospital telephone appointment any moment soon and a hair cut after lunch. whilst I'm in town, I need to visit Matalan where I've seen a cute bird house which might work to mount my monthly pieces from Hands on Design. I should have bought it when I saw it last week so I hope they still have one left this afternoon.

No comments: