Friday, April 16, 2021

Friday freebie - By Annie

 

Do you follow By Annie on Facebook? You should as there are weekly videos released. Unfortunately the live video now clashes with The Great British Sewing Bee, so I have to catch the video on Youtube. I found this week's video particularly inspiring. Annie has often said that they get two yards of fabric long arm quilted and after cutting the pieces for your current project, you can make other projects with the leftovers.




Pictured above is the "Easy does it" which is a free By Annie pattern. I thought it was perfect to pair with my Ultimate Travel bag. Yesterday I cut all of the pieces from the already quilted fabric and I'm ready to go. I even found enough zipper tape left in a packet to use for the project too. After cutting this project I still have a sizeable piece for several other small projects.


I have already sealed the edges and made the handles so I can stitch on this project alongside my bigger project and without changing thread colour.



No comments: