Monday, April 05, 2021

Monday Make - Spring garden block 1

 


At the end of march, I decided that this project needed some attention as spring is here again. My threads were already in the project bag but I hadn't printed out the patterns. The free pattern is by Durene Jones and comprises six sections in the central panel and a border of flowers and leaves. 

At the end of March I completed block 1 surprisingly quickly as it had some quick blocks of colour and today I felt like working on the border and I have made some progress.


I have been dithering about how to proceed but I have now decided to work on block 2 next which is of a bee hive so a nice block of colour again. Then I will work on the top border again before tackling block 3 - which is an Easter rabbit. By the time this UFO is selected for our group challenge, I hope that all I'll need to work on is the outer border. It's great to see progress happening and I have scheduled into my weekly to do list to work on this on a Wednesday so I can alternate between a block one week and the border the next week.

No comments: