Monday, August 19, 2024

Monday make - Ginger's kitchen bench pillow

 

I have at last finished the Ginger's Kitchen bench pillow by Kimberbell Designs. It is huge! It would accommodate two Ikea rectangular pillows, but mistakenly I only ordered one! Cristin Sohm's Youtube videos take you step by step through the project. Cristin also shows you how to tweak the instructions using Embrilliance software. 



I used my own choice of modern brighter fabrics for the project, which mostly worked. I learnt again by experience that you need to be very careful when pressing blocks and seams. The gingerbread girl's dress was originally red organza, but when I was ironing the sequin trim at the top of the dress, I melted the organza. Oops.


I am now keen to start the Pumpkins and Potions ladder quilt. I purchased the pattern and embellishment kit direct from Kimberbell Designs and will use my own choice of fabrics including Tiny Frights by Ruby Star Society for Moda Fabrics. I also have three customer quilts to complete and a dress and top I want to stitch for my holiday by 1 September!!

No comments: