Friday, August 23, 2024

Friday finish - Anna Maria Horner orange peel

Just as we are preparing to go on holiday, three new customer quilts have arrived to be long armed.  Two of them are the work of our friend Gisele, who sadly passed away. Quilty friends are finishing some of her many UFOs and the sale of her UFOs and stash have raised money for our local hospice.



This is a beautiful example of Gisele's craft and is made with all Anna Maria Horner fabrics with a backing to match. The backing is so lush. I went with a simple champagne bubbles digital pantograph in a dark grey so as no to distract from the beautiful applique and fabrics.


Another quilt is already basted and on my long arm, but I am just waiting to hear if the customer is happy with my choice of quilting pattern. I will get it started tomorrow.

No comments: