Monday, August 05, 2024

Festival of Quilts shopping

Last night I returned home after four days at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. On Thursday we stewarded and on Saturday we ventured into the city for some extra shopping. We stayed on site at the Moxy, which is conveniently close to Resort World with its many dining options. We adopted our usual plan of Thursday and Saturday at Vietnamese Street Kitchen and Friday at Karaage. We enjoyed meeting friends, looking at the quilts and a little shopping. Most purchases were on our shopping lists which was satisfying.


I bought two boards from The Works to use for mounting cross stitch pieces and one cross stitch pattern.


My quilting cotton fabric was bought for several reasons:
Pumpkins and Potions Halloween quilt
White on white fabrics which I am very low on
The Ruby Star star fabric for a Christmas stitch with my daughter
The pink fabric was ordered in advance for my Folk Sampler
Tula Pink diamonds - just because!


We only did one class which was with Vendulka Battais on glitter painting which we loved. We bought a few supplies, and I will look for some more of the German produced glitter pens when we are in Germany next month.


Only a few bag making supplies from Purple Stitches. A gorgeous floral strapping with the matching lobster clasps. I also succumbed to the cute needle minder in Ryman.


More white on white fabrics from my friend Helen Steele. We were pleased to have made purchases on the first day as Helen's fabrics were selling like the proverbial hot cakes.


And finally, free stuff from Aurifil, Sewing Street, Prima, Schmetz and What the Fabric. I always pass on anything I don't want from goody bags to my Guilds for raffles. 

My suitcase is now put away for four weeks, but my bed is still strewn with goodies so that's my next job, if I want to use the bad tonight!



No comments: