Friday, August 30, 2024

Friday finish - Fancy sailor top


This month's Guild UFO challenge pick was the red heart fabric that I purchased from Rosenbergs at the 2023 Festiva of Quilts. Earlier in the year I made the Mave skirt but had some fabric left over so I wanted to make a matching top.


Of course, I didn't quite have enough fabric to make a top but bought a further metre of the same fabric also from Rosenbergs at the 2024 Festival of Quilts. I borrowed the sailor top pattern from my friend Jane but decided to go up one size. I have finished the top ready for our holidays, but I shouldn't have gone up a size. I will alter the top at another time.


I still have the same fabric with pink hearts to make up something for the Guild UFO challenge along with a pair of sneakers and two cross stitch patterns. I hope one of the cross stitch patterns is chosen for September!!

No comments: