Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday stash - Nantes edition


I spent a full day at the exhibition and half a day at a workshop on a scorching day and had stupidly chosen a spot near the window and I was surprised that I didn't end up with a sunburnt neck.  Having unpacked my purchases I am very annoyed that I seem to have left my most used rotary cutter behind. I hope I find it somewhere in my stuff, but will add a new rotary cutter to my Festival of Quilts shopping list.


I was particularly pleased with these frames I purchased for my cross stitch and love that the heart design by Barbara Ana fits so well in the fame, but it will need to be repainted first.


I wanted to do a class with Brigitte Heitland with whose fabric I had made a project for a magazine. The class I wanted to do was on Saturday. by which time we would be home, so instead I bought the book instead from Quiltmania.



I bought some fat quarters from Odile Balliole and a scrap bag to get a small piece of her very expensive velvet border fabric. Ecolaines outside Rennes which we visited on our way to St Malo was a fabulous shop and also stocked her fabrics.


A few bag making supplies, the mesh from Kikikou was a good price.


I thought this dress from Lin ou L'Autre would look good in the navy linen I purchased last year. The linen was too expensive to buy in France.


I did two classes - the first on the Wednesday was with Caroline Oneto and looked at transparency. I thoroughly enjoyed the class despite it being hand pieced.


The organisers were kind enough to let me swap my class with Jessica Wheelahan to the Thursday afternoon. when I arrived at the venue at 1.30pm, the van I wanted to buy my lunch had run out. I ended up being very hot and hungry in the class. That's probably why I didn't spot that I didn't have my rotary cutter. I didn't like the provided fabric for this class so I won't finish it but it was an interesting class and Jess was kind enough to go to the VIP area to see if she could find me a croissant.


I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and will share some photos of the exhibitions next week. My father has decided that next time we will stay just outside the city so that we can visit other towns. This time we were in the centre of the city and in the pedestrianised area so needed codes to get in and out. So the car stayed put and I used the tram to get to the exhibition.



No comments: