Friday, April 01, 2022

Friday feather finish

 

This has been ready to quilt for a while now, but I had been dithering about how to quilt it. Nothing new there! I loaded the quilt last weekend and looked in my files for a feather pattern and found the fast feather which would be quilted in strips. Perfect.


I had made the quilt top using a Kona Bone background from stash and most of my rainbow stripes had white or navy backgrounds. Fortunately I had enough of a Robert Kaufman stripe left to bind the whole quilt. I made the biding 1.75" wide which was a slow stitch so I should use a 2" binding in future.


I bought the pink Alison Glass fabric at Gather Here in Boston. It was an end of bolt at $3 per yard. Needless to say, I took the remainder of the bolt. There is still two yards left.

Pattern - feathers by Alison Glass
Background - Kona Bone
Patterned fabrics - Alison Glass various collections
Quilting thread - Superior thread King Tut in desert wind

No comments: