Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday finish ATW BOM



This was chosen as my JMQG UFO challenge piece for April 2022. It was probably the UFO with the most work to be done. First I had to stitch the Sydney Opera House block on a beautiful background of purple.
 


Then I sashed and added borders of Kona snow. At our meeting last Saturday I spent a couple of hours taking out very small pieces of foundation paper with my tweezers. I had made a couple of errors so had to add a strip into the Lima block and piece some sashing.


I quilted the piece in a couple of hours on Sunday with a digital pantograph called Waves of sand which was quick to stitch. The binding was, I thought, some more Kona Snow but now I think it's a shade darker and is Kona Bone. I bought the backing in the Sew Hot sale so it was ready to go, but I bought more than I needed and brown isn't really my colour, what was I thinking?

Pattern is by Whole Circle Studios and the front is foundation pieced using Kona Cotton.




No comments: