Monday, April 18, 2022

Monday make - stardust cushion


A few months ago I sent my daughter a photo of a David Bowie cushion with David Bowie in his Ziggy Stardust incarnation. Lizzie's reply was that it was nice but she'd just like the thunder bolt. So I duly designed the thunderbolt in EQ8 and it has sat around for a while.



I raided my stash for suitable fabrics and was pleased with the orange stars and turquoise and black speckles on an Essex Linen metallic background in the colour Fog. I wasn't so thrilled when I realised I'd made a rookie error and forgotten to print the foundation pattern as a mirror image.

I decided to finish it and quilted it using a grey Glide thread in a chevron pattern. The back of the cushion is closed with press studs which pick up the stars from the orange fabric. I will make another in the correct orientation but that might be kept for a retreat project.



No comments: