Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Work in progress Wednesday - feathers


 

This week sees the start of the Feathers SAL with Alison Glass. When I met Alison in Nantes in October, she mentioned that this SAL was planned and I knew immediately that I would join in. I signed up and spotted that I had yards of Kona bone so decided to work from stash, However I did buy a half yard bundle at Pour l'Amour du Fil and I also purchased a fat quarter bundle of Luminance to use for the Casserole quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.





This week sewing of units C/D and K/L started off the sewalong (SAL). These are the biggest pieces which can't be sewn from scraps. At the same time I started a pink section N as it has almost 20 pieces and I know how my enthusiasm wanes towards the end of a SAL. Also it's a good block to start using up scraps.


I also sorted through my box of Alison Glass scraps so they're ready to grab next weekend for the next four sections. I can also continue stitching section N if I am doing any other foundation piecing projects.



For now the foundation papers, partly sewn blocks and instructions are being kept in the Pattern Trace envelope and I've added the yardage of Kona bone to the box of scraps.


No comments: